If you are interested in teaching at HSDB, you should first apply for a license to teach in Hawaii. Teaching licenses are given by the Hawai’i Teacher Standards Board. Please click on the link below to apply for a teaching license:

Hawai’i Teacher Standards Board

Click on License and Permit Information to determine what type of license you should apply for. If in doubt, give them a call.

To apply for employment at HSDB, please go to the following website:

Hawai’i Department of Education Employment Opportunities

If you need additional information about employment opportunities or the employment process, please email the principal at Principal@hsdb.k12.hi.us or VP at (808) 791-8387.

NOTE: New teachers are allowed to reside in the Teacher’s Cottage for up to 3 months (when available). This opportunity is available only for the teacher. A new teacher’s family – spouse, fiancee, and/or children –  are not eligible to reside in the Teacher’s Cottage due to liability issues.